Little nervous about speaking this morning. Check out the setup. This is sort of a thing.
My latest batch of Poke’-mutants.
Hidden Jokes | Foreshadowing of Buster losing his hand
- S1E18 - Michael appeared in the school play The Trial of Captain Hook. Later in the episode Fakin’ It from season 3, Lucille refers to Buster as “Captain Hook.”
- S1E20 - “This party is going to be off the hook.”
- S2E1 - When Lucille is watching the news, you can hear John Beard mentioning a surprise seal attack and then saying “meet one surprised bather, coming up.” The camera immediately moves to show Buster.
- S2E3 - Buster arrives to Lupe’s house, sees the hand chair, and says “wow, i never thought I’d miss a hand so much.”
- S2E6 - Buster is playing the claw machine and gets a toy seal. Later when he’s returning home, the narrator mentions that “Buster had gotten hooked playing” that game.
- S2E11 - Lucille, Oscar and Buster and in the beach, and when they’re talking, the seal is seen in the background. Later, George Sr. says about Buster “what if i never get a chance to reach out and touch that hand of his again?” And of course, the bench that shows “arm off.”
- S2E12 - When George Sr is at the car dealership, if you take a look at the inflatable doll/man in the back, you can see that it’s missing an arm. Also, when Gob is releasing the seal back into the wild, he says “you’re not going to be hand-fed anymore.”
Back at work, admiring my favorite cover of the week.
(Also : Justice League Dark Movie, thoughts?)
(Also Also : I’m getting close to dropping Uncanny Avengers and I know that’s not a popular idea.)
In ‘08-‘09 I did a Photojournalism Project in which I shadowed my Grandma and traveled with her during her daily activities. She was super into weird trinkets and I caught her smiling quite a bit. I found the book I put together for her at her house, this evening.
Season 1 Episode 7
Ricardio the Heart Guy
From Jeff Lemire’s ‘Essex County’.
A few hours ago I lost my Grandma. I know this is just a dumb internet blog and I shouldn’t be posting real stuff on it but I may anyway. She was really cool to me and I’m going to miss her and I just wanted to share this.
This is her on Christmas Eve (My Birthday). She was the only person I knew that her face would light up as soon as she’d see me. She was a hardworking woman who was selfless and made sure she kept her family safe and happy, no matter the cost. She was never bashful about how she felt and by that I know her love for me was very legitimate. Love and Respect.
Also : My Grandma may of been the only person in my family to look a bunch like me.